LED vs. conventional lighting - Watts the difference?
It's not the world's best kept secret that LED lighting has its advantages over conventional lighting. If you've heard LED lighting being banded around, undoubtedly, you will have heard that it is by far the most power-saving and smart solution for illumination. But what else? What are the other factors that set LED lighting apart from any other conventional lighting you may find on today's market?
1. Eco friendly - LED lights are completely free from toxic chemicals. Most fluorescent lamps on today's market contain a variety of materials that are dangerous to the environment. Our LED lights can help to reduce carbon footprints by up to a third, meaning you and you customers are taking a big step towards a greener way of working.
2. No UV Emissions - LED illumination produces an incredibly small amount of UV emissions, meaning that LED lighting is great for users who are conscious about the amount of radiated heat that a lamp emits. Additionally, an LEDS low UV emissions are fantastic when illuminating exhibits.
3. Operational in a range of temperatures - LED illumination operates well in a variety of temperatures. Whether you're looking to install LEDs outside during the winter months, our illuminate the interior of fridges, LED lights will do the job and do it well!
4. Extended life (lower replacement costs), unlike incandescent lighting, LEDs aren't liable to "burning out", instead they dim over a period of time. Our LEDs have an expected lifespan of 30,000-50,000 hours or even longer. This is a huge increase of lifespan in comparison to an incandescent lamps lifespan which is usually around 8,000 - 10,000 hours.
5. Durability - Traditional lighting is usually contained in a quartz or a glass exterior, which can often be susceptible to damage. On the other hand, LEDs tend not to be contained in glass and are usually mounted on a circuit board and not connected via soldered leads that are much less susceptible to damage.
6. Improved Safety - probably LED lamps biggest benefit is the enhanced safety it presents. As LEDs generate virtually no heat they are cool to the touch and can be left for hours without incident or consequence if touched. Incandescent lighting expels 90% of the energy it consumes via heat, making them incredibly hot to the touch.
7. Money savings - LEDs can reduce your bills by up to 90%. The lamps use much less power to produce the same brightness as an incandescent light. The UK's electricity prices have risen by 52% over the last 5 years, with this set to increase even further, LED lighting solutions are rapidly becoming the preferred option.
If you think you or your customers would benefit from LED lighting, you're correct! If you require any further information about LEDs, their benefits and how they can be a great investment, please feel free to contact a member of the 4lite team.Return